The anxiety and stress are both inevitable parts of life as we face it on a day to day basis. As it is sometimes beyond the control of human emotions and a response to the certain aspects and activities of behavior or life, we really find it hard to draw a thin line between anxiety and stress. This blog talks about various aspects how to deal with anxiety and stress in a better way.
Understanding Anxiety and Stress
Anxiety – It is often hard to pinpoint or cannot be described, but the anxiety itself is always felt.
Stress- The reaction of the body by taking any challenge is fear it can be felt when the task meets the deadline.
How to Deal with Anxiety and Stress – Differences between two
The difference is that stress is a response to an upcoming threat and anxiety is a reaction to the stress. Both are emotional responses but triggered by different environments, stress is typically caused by external things and on the other hand, anxiety is triggered by the inner experience like excessive worries.
People under both conditions experience the same symptoms: fatigue, difficulty in concentrating, insomnia, muscle tension, irritability, digestive issues, sleepless nights, and so on.
How to deal with anxiety and stress
Firstly try to get enough sleep, healthy diet and physical exercises this will help you find out whether its anxiety and stress, if it results in mood swings or in day to day irritability, then directly contact a mental health professional who can help you understand what you are experiencing and provides you additional coping tools, medicines. According to the doctors, stress can be treated easily because it’s the first stage of anxiety which is curable ( sometimes proved positive in medical sciences) but anxiety and stress becomes a disorder if not treated on time that can be moral, social, and on personal levels directly moves a normal person to depression this is an extended form of stress, worries. If it lasts for months then one should take proper guidance and treatment by this way an individual can get rid off from the deal with anxiety and stress in a very period of time.
Are both disorders?
By understanding the difference now we know that stress is an emotional reaction that is triggered by external events or tasks, This is a general feeling which happens with all humans.
And anxiety and stress occur by overthinking and worries which results in a disorder when it lasts for months. So yes stress is a part of anxiety but it’s not a disorder on the other hand anxiety is a proven disorder. Because when a person experiences anxiety he/she just disconnects themselves from family and friends and doesn’t want to be involved in happy moments, this fuss creates mental illness in that person. These are the conditions that youth is facing in many ways.
Solutions to reduce anxiety and stress
- Regular workout and exercises lower anxiety and stress by releasing endorphins. It also helps in improving your sleep and self-image.
- Consider natural ayurvedic supplements as they can reduce anxiety and stress, including ashwagandha, green tea, and lemon balm.
- Writing Journals can help in relieving mental stress and gives you scope to shell of your mental blockages.
- Spend time with friends and family: having strong social gatherings may help you get through stressful times and lower your risk of anxiety and stress.
- Learn to avoid procrastination: prioritize what needs to be done and make time for it, staying on top of to-do lists can help to reduce anxiety and stress
- Take a proper diet: by taking a proper diet the anxiety and stress may be eliminated and focus on the health.
- Proper sleep: 8 to 9 hours of sleep is necessary for a healthy day and it helps to calm the body and reduces anxiety and stress
These tips often involve getting your mind away from the source of stress and helps to maintain calmness. You should begin to start practicing these to manage your life effectively.