By changing the inner attitudes of their minds,
Can change the outer aspects of their lives.
– William James
We are what we repeatedly do. Isn’t it? Our daily lives are often a series of habits played out through the day, a trammelled existence fettered by the slow accretion of our previous actions. Our repeated actions then form our behaviour. But habits can be changed, although it seems very difficult sometimes. Our behaviour plays a very crucial part of our career, so it’s very important for it to be as nice as it can be and understand that it’s very much possible.
Importance of Changing Behaviour
As we grow, it becomes really important for us to adapt the changes and we can only do that by realising the significance of consistently changing our behaviour, that doesn’t mean you have to completely change yourself but accepting that people can have different choices and decisions can vary. You cannot control the behaviour of others, but you can definitely choose how you respond to it. The secret to change your behaviour lies in your daily routine.
Steps to successful behaviour change
- Be honest with yourself and write down your current behaviour.
- Write down the behaviour you wish to have.
- Compare your current behaviour and the behaviour that you wish to have and replace your current thoughts, actions, words and anything that doesn’t align with what you want.
- You could be wanting for so much to change about yourself and that’s okay but remember to start with baby steps, don’t jump just yet.
- Taking action is very important, so you can basically start with 10 minutes and give your all in those 10 minutes.
- Don’t give up, at least try it for 21 days so that it starts going into your subconscious and that’s very important so I repeat don’t give up. Even after 21 days keep doing and add even more minutes or even hours for things that you wish to change.
- Follow those people who inspire you. If you wish to start a business then follow business tycoons, if you wish to be a model or go in the fashion industry then follow fashion magazines. It could be anything but always remember to follow only those who bring you close to your desires. It does something with your mind which makes you go after your desires even more.
- Self- talk and staying positive is a major part, tell yourself you can do, be or have anything that you want. Affirmations really help.
- Take good care of your health and remember to drink lots of water.
- Meditation and having a mantra for your life, work and family is also very helpful.
- Ignore and avoid any situation or any person who brings you down.
- Believe in Yourself.
Taking these steps will definitely help you in changing your behaviour and your life.
Very well written 👏👏
Brilliant job 👍🏻💯
Well done Tanya…
Amazing!👍🏻 You are getting better and better.✨
Amazing blog.❤️ Everything you’ve written is so true.
This one is beautifully written 👍🏻
Keep it up🌟